Vegan Lava Cakes (Original)
Makes 9 muffin-sized lava cakes.
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Butter (eg. Earth Balance)
- 1 Cup Apple Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 9 Squares of Dark Chocolate
- Butter the muffin tin and coat with cocoa powder.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, mix almond milk and vinegar. Let stand for five minutes.
- Add sugar, melted vegan butter, vanilla, apple sauce. Mix well.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Mix it in.
- Pour the batter to the top of the wells of the muffin tin.
- Break 9 squares of the dark chocolate. Press into the center of the wells and cover with batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top no longer looks wet.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I’ve done lava cakes before using another recipe. The other one had more melted chocolate interior goodness. I recall that the entire thing was pretty much a flourless chocolate cake recipe not requiring the later insertion of chocolate squares.
So this was passable, kind of a gummy exterior taste. Wouldn’t probably use this recipe again but still functional.
I just realized how fucking disgusting it is that it’s considered healthy and normal for teenage boys to eat everything ever yet teenage girls are obviously also growing but are fucking dieting all the time and shamed for eating while they’re growingShit
I get super fucking excited over new vegan products coming on the market but I wish people got even half as excited about doing vegan advocacy work with the public or writing to political prisoners as they do about vegan cheez-its.
shout out to guacamole for always being there for me